Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crown Of Thorns

I was asked this week by a fellow Catholic, "Why is it called 'Good Friday?'"

As I reflected on the question, I remembered something I heard on the Catholic Channel on XM Satellite Radio. A priest was asked the same question and answered, "because of the hope that came from the darkest hour of humanity." I really connected with that quote and found a visual representation of the concept I'd love to share with you.

Take a look at the attached (click on post title for a link to the picture and article) and imagine the light at the center of the "crown of thorns" as being the light of hope illuminating the darkness representing the darkest hour of humanity.

Leave it to the Hubble Telescope to once again provide a rare visual glimpse of Christ (see earlier post "Rich Man - Poor Man" for two other intriguing Hubble pictures).

Happy Blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment