Wednesday, January 18, 2012

As Abundant As Grains Of Sand


God's promise to Abraham: "I will bless you and make your descendants as countless as the stars of the sky and the sands of the seashore." Gen 22:17

I've always been intrigued by the overwhelming abundance of God's love for Abraham's faithfulness. The idea is God will produce a miracle of millions of faithful descendants. But do we understand the diversity offered in God's message?

Would we all be like-minded? Or unique in the ways we honor the one, living God.


We Christians have Jesus Christ to help us better understand our humanity and divine potential. Christ loved each and every one of us, flaws and all. Christ loved our diversity. Christ marveled at God's creation and reveled in its beauty.

Abraham faithfulness brought forth not only our Christian faith, but also Judaism and Islam. Can't we all revel in the beauty of God's abundant love for us? His abundant love for all our diversity?


I know my heart doesn't always celebrate the differences of our humanity. Sometimes my prejudices get the better of me when I am threatened by someone who doesn’t think of God just like I do. But when I look at the world through the eyes of Christ or the eyes of God, I get it. The beauty is abundant; beauty is diverse.


Ever wonder what a grain of sand truly looks like? Scientists now have the ability to give us an up close and personal view. Enjoy! And relish in the diversity of its abundant beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment