Friday, October 16, 2009

The Gospel According To U2

My family and friends tease me all the time for calling U2 lead singer Bono a modern day prophet. His lyrics challenge us to live the Beatitudes and proclaims God in our midst. His One Campaign (http://www.one.org) unites people all over the globe to pressure governments to do more for the poorest of the poor especially those devastated by the leprosy of our day, AIDS.

As I see it, Bono is a modern man of God. If you doubt my opinion, watch his speech at the 2006 U.S. National Prayer Breakfast and draw your own conclusion.



Holiness comes in many forms. In our modern age, I believe one of those forms is a rock star singing and speaking with a clear voice about the troubles of our times and calling us to our better angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment