Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ordination + One Month

Bishop Eusebio Elizondo - Mary Kelly - Deacon Dennis Kelly - Archbishop J. Peter Sartain

Ordination was officially one month ago today.  Where does time go? 

Mary, the boys and our many family and friends have been so supportive these past five years of formation.  I am forever grateful for their love and encouragement.  I love you all.

I also feel blessed to be part of a beautiful community of deacon brothers and sisters throughout the challenging days of formation.  I cherish these friendships and look forward to reuniting regularly.

The real work in the vineyard has begun.  As one chapter closes another opens. 

I feel so blessed to be assigned by Archbishop J. Peter Sartain to our home parish to serve the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish communities in Everett, Washington.  I am spending Mondays at the parish offices (9a-3p) working on outreach initiatives at the direction of my pastoral mentor Fr. Bryan Hersey and will be preaching monthly at all five Masses.

We just got our ordination photos from the chancery staff.  Thought I would share some of the special moments from that special day.
 


 
The scripture that has followed me these past five years comes from St. Paul to the Romans 12:1-2:

"I urge you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship.  Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect."

Please pray for me as I pray for you.  Peace...

Deacon Dennis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment